Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Good thing I am a much better mother than blogger...

So in our last post the boy was starting second grade and now he is almost finished with third. That picture over there is the first day of third grade. Where the hell does the time go and who gives it the permission to go there? It's wrong and rude and I disagree with the whole procedure. Ah well...

So here we are midway through the third grade and I am relieved to say doing well. Jack has come into his own in many ways including finally getting the hang of writing - can we say B on his report card!!! He is now learning to write in cursive and doing very well with it. I feel it has a lot to do with the fact that it is more like drawing but who knows - who cares really, he loves to write! YAY!!!

This lady is his teacher this year. She has been a gift from heaven for sure. As Jack says, "Mamma, she's just like you... she gets mad at me when she has to but I always know she loves me and she makes me feel excited to be learning." Yes, he did.

I spend an hour a week in his class helping - I love her because she lets me come and help. She actually welcomes me and lets me interact with the kids - we have a blast! The best part about it all for me is, let's be honest - we all know math is SO not my thing. These kids are doing ALGEBRA in third grade... yep, imagine the terror in my heart when he brings home his homework folder!! Luckily, I get one math class a week by volunteering on Wednesdays!!!! Yay me! I *am* as smart as a third grader lol

No comments: