Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tuesday's child is full of.....

ENERGY despite hardly sleeping a wink all night! He was up at the crack of dawn and ready to roll! I dropped them off and then had to actually take care of some orders but made it back in time for lunch. The kids were already at the trading post swapping quarters for popsicles (as you do) so I wandered around the site in the relative quiet of the steamy afternoon.

I saw a sign for the chapel and wandered that way. There in the clearing was a little A-frame chapel. I peeked in and was surprised to see a gorgeous stained glass window! It was completely unexpected and yet fit perfectly in the surroundings.


I sat on one of the dusty benches, listening to the birds squawking in agitation at the invasion of their home as the laughter and shouts of the mass of boys were carried to me on the breeze. It's funny how you think you know what life will bring, the things you plan and hope for. You know some will be good, some will be bad and some will be really, truly great. As I sat there looking at the window, listening to the day's soundtrack I was overcome by just how amazing my life was right now, right at that minute. Amazed at how the twists and turns brought me to be willingly out in the hot, nasty heat in a glaring yellow (SO not my color) shirt surrounded by sweaty, loud, sticky little boys - and how happy and complete this made me feel. Even now, looking at the pictures and remembering the week makes me smile. It was a week of growth for everyone, parents and scouts alike, and I am so glad that I was able to be there.

No comments: