Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thursday's child is....

FINALLY starting to get tired!

I had to work again this morning but made it to camp for lunch. When I arrived, everyone was congratulating me and seemed to know what had happened the afternoon before. I missed them calling Jack up at morning Council Circle and telling everyone what Jack had done the day before. Poor Jack was embarrassed. Later I asked him why....

He: "Mamma, I did the right thing but I did it the wrong way!"
Me: "But you did the right thing. That's all that matters my love."

The afternoon was fun. The highlight was the pancakes. Oh the pancakes! Who knew what a glorious load of fun could be had with batter, syrup, coffee tins and fire?!?!?!

Now, I claim heatstroke for what happened next. It's my story and I am sticking to it. Thursday we had Jack's first sleep over. I don't care what anyone says, it was a hoot! Dorian and Ely came home with us and we had Happy Meals and then Rob blew up the air mattresses and put them in Jack's room so that the floor was completely covered. Can you believe he was actually shocked when they wanted to JUMP on them LMAO????

The boys were as good as they could be and all in all it was a blast. I got a taste of a house full of boys and it was too much fun. I do have to confess though that I am very, very greatful that the good Lord in all His infinite wisdom only gave me one. I have no desire to spend the rest of my life in an institution - either penile or mental - and I most certainly would if I had the herd of boys I had originally hoped for!

I am sure that girls bring their own fun. I also am the first to admit that I am very biased. I had no idea how much filthy, smelly, squishy fun boys could be and I love every minute of it! I am almost thinking I might like being a cub scout more than they do lol!!

No comments: