Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mamma, who is Carmen and why do we care.....

So today is stressing me out but it is going to be a good day. I am hours behind with everything but it was for a good reason. The bonus is that the events of the morning have lent themselves to a positive life lesson for the boy and for his Mamma as well.

Jack is a Cub Scout and very proud to be one. We have made many friends since becoming a member of amazing Pack 320 most especially Jack's buddy E (who's like another kid to me) and his Dad. Everyone is struggling right now, duh. Turn on the tv, listen to the radio, it's there and everywhere and it isn't going to change any time soon. Cub Scout camp is next week and I realized this morning in talking to E's dad that E isn't going. I know the reason, it's the same reason Jack wouldn't be going if Grandy and Pop hadn't gifted Jack with camp for a combo birthday and Crossover gift. Suddenly I had an idea and yeah it screwed my time management but who cares.

I made some calls and discovered that there is a scholarship program. Made another call to the awesome awesome awesome guy in charge who told me what to do and will meet me this afternoon to rush the paperwork through - because of course camp starts MONDAY lol. They require a partial fund match from the parent. I know the parent doesn't have it and though we are having our own financial issues I had enough to meet the required amount. I didn't and won't tell the Dad, I want to help and besides E's birthday is this week and they are friends, close friends who would do anything to help us or Jack if they could. I didn't want E to be the only kid to not go and I didn't want L to feel bad especially since he is an amazing Dad and lives and breathes to give E the best life he can.

So anyway, I checked the bank account and made note of a few things before I had to call about the flood insurance - ugh. While I was on the phone I had an email come through. It was an order! An order that would more than cover what I needed to help out our friends!

Karma strikes again!

So I sat Jack down to explain to him about getting what you give and Karma. When i am finished he just stares at me.

He: "So Carmen isn't always bad?"

Me: "Karma is only bad when you are bad."

He: "Carmen is always mean to me."

Me: "Karma. K-A-R-M-A"

I explain it in a bit more detail. Suddenly the bright glow of realization shines in his eyes....

He: "I get it now, Carmen is God's nickname!!!!"

LMAO, and how on earth can you argue with that? I didn't and neither should you.

2 comments:

Jo said...

That is AWESOME!!!

I love that our boys love God so much :)

Yay! For E!! He gets to go to camp!!!!

Have a great week E and Jack, and the rest of the pack :)

Ter said...

:)